Our Commitment to Our Local Environment
We are committed to minimising our potential impact on both the local and wider environments. We operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
- Raise environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner with a firm commitment to train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Encourage and reward our supply base and other stakeholders for working with us to implement changes in their operating procedures that will improve environmental and sustainability initiatives.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly, with particular emphasis on renewable energy supplies and environmentally responsible suppliers.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or refurbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making activities.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Work with relevant Government Approved bodies such as the Carbon Trust to ensure best practice in reducing our carbon footprint.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support our stated environmental initiatives and objectives.
- Ensure that staff, guests and club members are aware of this policy by displaying our policy on club notice boards around the site. In addition, we will make our policy available to other interested parties.
- We will strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
- Ensure that we have environmental champions at each and every level in the organisation and that we have a sustainable programme and emphasis on our environmental policies.
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our members, visitors and employees.